Share your experience about "Swedishness" to new students
2 May 2019
Student Health Services (Studenthälsan) are looking for students for a focus group meeting + an event for new students on August 27. The theme is Cultural Awareness & "Swedishness".
Frida and I, Anna, are both counselors at the Student Health Services that have an extra focus on working with international students and we are preparing for a presentation about Cultural Awareness & "Swedishness" for the new international students during their arrival week this fall. On August 27th we will have two sessions (one morning and one afternoon) where we plan to give a presentation and then to have a panel of about 5 international students who have been in Sweden a few years to share their experiences and answer questions from the new students.
Do you have information that you wish someone would have shared with you when you arrived in Sweden? Do you think it would be fun to share an anecdote from your experience or any tips?
Please join the panel!
In preparation for these events, we would like to invite you to come to discuss these topics and, of course, “fika” with us. To start we have three different dates in May that work for us and hope that something fits well for all of you;
9/5 at 13-14:30,
10/5 at 12:30-14,
17/5 at 12:30-14.
If none of these dates work for you, but you are interested in participating, please respond and let us know what might work better for you.
We hope this will be a great way for students to have an easier time adjusting here in Uppsala and look forward to hearing your ideas as their peers!
Please sign up by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
With warm welcome,
Anna and Frida
- Researcher Profile: “The idea is to derive new generic molecular models” 10 oktober 2019
- Research Infrastructure to Meet Tomorrow’s Challenges 10 oktober 2019
- Panel discussion with Niklas Zennström: “I am optimistic” 09 oktober 2019
- One Year into the University’s Largest Construction Project 07 oktober 2019
- What’s around the corner – with Johan Tysk 09 september 2019
- The Solar Cell Researcher heading CEMUS 05 september 2019
- The paper filter that can clean water in Bangladesh 23 augusti 2019
- Cosmos and Mathematics are approaching 18 juni 2019
- Students get to try out advanced bioprocess technologies at the Testa Center 18 juni 2019
- “It’s OK to be driven by curiosity alone” 14 maj 2019
- Participate in our safety survey! 13 maj 2019
- Share your experience about "Swedishness" to new students 02 maj 2019
- Artificial intelligence in support of humankind 29 april 2019
- Become a student ambassador! 24 april 2019
- Application for exchange studies opens 12 april 2019
- Light mysteries at SciFest 05 mars 2019
- Shedding light on the energy capacity of materials 05 mars 2019
- Digging up the past together 05 mars 2019
- “Sensors will detect small movements in the rock” 04 februari 2019
- Celsius-Linnaeus Lectures 2019: Climate change, carbon dioxide storage, and human health 30 januari 2019