Do you have any complaints or wish to give feedback?

If you would like to make a complaint or give feedback regarding your courses, study programme or study environment, there are several steps that you can take.

Before you proceed with making a complaint, you should know what applies in different situations. Student rights and obligations at Uppsala University are described in detail in the Guidelines for the students' working conditions, programme and actions plans för equal opportunities, Guidelines for dealing with cases of harassment as well as a parental policy. These guidelines address the rights and responsibilities that you as a student have in areas such as study environment, student influence, course planning, teaching and examination.

The course syllabi describe and govern the direction, structure, content and intended learning outcomes of your courses. You are always welcome to contact the study counsellor at your department or the programme to learn more about this. The programme syllabus describes the study programme.

I have a complaint - where do I turn?

Complaints can involve matters such as grading, treatment, supervision, quality of education, and handling times. If possible, a complaint should be handled and resolved directly by your department, programme or faculty. In most cases, the problem can be solved closest to where it has occurred. If possibly, it is recommended to begin with talking to the teacher on the course (or responsible director of studies) if the problem concerns a course, or with your programme coordinator if it concerns the structure of the study programme, credit transfer or something else concerning the study programme as such. You could also talk to the study counsellor. In cases where the problem cannot be solved at departmental-level or programme-level, there are other functions in place to assist you.

If you are not sure of whom you could should turn to, you are always most welcome to contact the study counsellor at your programme or department, who will assist you.

If you believe find that a decision is incorrect, you should know that some decisions can be appealed. Information about how to appeal.

The student unions has a student ombudsman (studentombud) and safety representatives (studerandeskyddsombud). There are also student liaison officers (studiebevakare) located at UTN (Uppsala Union of Engineering and Science Students) and Rindi (Gotlands Student Union) who can help to mediate your contact with the university.

Please give your opinion (for example proposals of improvements) on courses and the study programme by filling in the course evaluations and programme evaluations as well as contacting your local liaison officer.

Contact alternatives

Do you need to make an appeal?

Were you not admitted to your programme or course of choice? Do you feel that a decision regarding your studies is incorrect? Some decisions can be appealed to the Higher Education Appeals Board at the ÖNH website (Överklagandenämnden för universitet och högskolor). If an appeal is possible, you should be apprised of it together with the decision. In addition, other decisions, except the decision on grades, can be appealed to the Board if you believe they violate the prohibition against discrimination under the Discrimination Act.

Last modified: 2021-07-15