- Temporary ban on being in parks over Valborg 16 april 2021
- Vice-Chancellor's decision extends restrictions regarding COVID-19 13 april 2021
- COVID-19 report, 9 April 09 april 2021
- Uppsala University on Clubhouse 08 april 2021
- Johan Asplund is looking forward to mathematical conversations 06 april 2021
- Increased funding of Erasmus+ for more exchanges 31 mars 2021
- COVID-19 report, 26 March 26 mars 2021
- COVID-19 report, 19 March 19 mars 2021
- Serious situation – rapid spread of infection at the University 12 mars 2021
- COVID-19 report, 5 March 05 mars 2021
- COVID-19-report, 26 February 26 februari 2021
- Digital visit by over 100 high school students 22 februari 2021
- COVID-19-report, 19 February 19 februari 2021
- COVID-19-report, 12 February 12 februari 2021
- “Courses in the humanities provided a great deal of insight” 09 februari 2021
- New Vice-Chancellor's decision for spring 2021 regarding COVID-19 05 februari 2021
- COVID-19-report, 5 February 05 februari 2021
- The Language Workshop will be offering Drop-in tutorials 05 februari 2021
- The Student Health Service is here for students! 03 februari 2021
- Student Health Service with an international focus 01 februari 2021
Digital visit by over 100 high school students
22 February 2021
On 16 February, just over 100 high school students participated in a digital open house, which was the Faculty of Science and Technology's digital version of University Day.
When University Day was cancelled due to the pandemic, the Faculty of Science and Technology chose to conduct its own digital event. With the help of Zoom, students were invited to listen to student conversations, ask questions to study counsellors and students, see campuses via live tours and get an introduction to student life.
“We think it’s incredibly important to offer prospective students an opportunity to visit campus, even if it had to be done digitally this year," said coordinator Maja Garde Lindholm.
Project manager Lovisa Svensson agreed.
“The event provided an opportunity for students who had already chosen Uppsala University to get to know their future university a little bit more, and an opportunity for those who are still hesitant to be inspired and get answers to their questions.”
The event was conducted with the help of UTN's chair, students and study counsellors who represented the faculty's subject areas.