Share your experience about "Swedishness" to new students
2 May 2019
Student Health Services (Studenthälsan) are looking for students for a focus group meeting + an event for new students on August 27. The theme is Cultural Awareness & "Swedishness".
Frida and I, Anna, are both counselors at the Student Health Services that have an extra focus on working with international students and we are preparing for a presentation about Cultural Awareness & "Swedishness" for the new international students during their arrival week this fall. On August 27th we will have two sessions (one morning and one afternoon) where we plan to give a presentation and then to have a panel of about 5 international students who have been in Sweden a few years to share their experiences and answer questions from the new students.
Do you have information that you wish someone would have shared with you when you arrived in Sweden? Do you think it would be fun to share an anecdote from your experience or any tips?
Please join the panel!
In preparation for these events, we would like to invite you to come to discuss these topics and, of course, “fika” with us. To start we have three different dates in May that work for us and hope that something fits well for all of you;
9/5 at 13-14:30,
10/5 at 12:30-14,
17/5 at 12:30-14.
If none of these dates work for you, but you are interested in participating, please respond and let us know what might work better for you.
We hope this will be a great way for students to have an easier time adjusting here in Uppsala and look forward to hearing your ideas as their peers!
Please sign up by emailing us at: email@example.com
With warm welcome,
Anna and Frida
- Cosmos and Mathematics are approaching 18 juni 2019
- Students get to try out advanced bioprocess technologies at the Testa Center 18 juni 2019
- “It’s OK to be driven by curiosity alone” 14 maj 2019
- Participate in our safety survey! 13 maj 2019
- Share your experience about "Swedishness" to new students 02 maj 2019
- Artificial intelligence in support of humankind 29 april 2019
- Become a student ambassador! 24 april 2019
- Application for exchange studies opens 12 april 2019
- Light mysteries at SciFest 05 mars 2019
- Shedding light on the energy capacity of materials 05 mars 2019
- Digging up the past together 05 mars 2019
- “Sensors will detect small movements in the rock” 04 februari 2019
- Celsius-Linnaeus Lectures 2019: Climate change, carbon dioxide storage, and human health 30 januari 2019
- New guidelines for written examinations 29 januari 2019
- Mathematics is an obvious choice for Inger Sigstam 16 januari 2019
- Who is your best teacher? 14 januari 2019
- New payment system for print-outs 25 december 2018
- The chemist with a handle on the state of molecules 04 december 2018
- Exchange students encouraged to take the train 27 november 2018
- "I want to see your plans for the future" 06 november 2018